Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Hallo!!

Hopefully the Heat keep it up.... I would be so mad if the Spurs win, buncha old farts.  And yes.... something did indeed happen with transfer week.... My trainer got transferred to Bitburg! So yeah, I have to basically know everything about Solingen by Thursday, so that´s sweet. My new comp´s name is Elder Collins, and I think he's been out for about 8 months or so. And then soon, Solingen will possibly be getting another set of missionaries... We'll see how that goes. 

Sunday was great as usual. We had one of our investigators at church, and it was all about temple work... like the whole 3 hours haha. We sat down, and I leaned over and asked him if he´d ever learned anything about the temple and he said no... And I was just like, this will be fun. But it was cool. Then we had two dinner appointments, so that was awesome. I have never been more full in my life. At our second one we were eating steak and the sister brought out chocolate fondue and I was just like come on.... It was wonderful though. They´re a super cool family.  

This week was cool though. We had Zone Training last Tuesday, and then after that I went on a split with one of the Zone leaders in Düsseldorf, Elder Ockey. That was fun. Split back on Wednesday, then on Thursday stayed in Solingen on a split with an elder from Wuppertal, Elder Meinert. That was super fun. We met with Bruder Olbert, and then our investigator who came to church, and those both went really well. Then we spent like an hour trying to find a potential investigator we had met on the bus, only to find out she lived in Wuppertal! It was great. Haha. We were on the phone and she was like "I'm outside my apartment can you see me?" and we were just like "nope". Turns out there is a G….. Strasse in Solingen and Wuppertal. It was sweet. So Elder Meinert got a referral out of that.

Saturday morning was the transfer call, so that was cool. Then we met with another investigator and he made us spaghetti.... a lot of spaghetti. It was pretty good. We were going to set a baptismal date with him at church yesterday but he was sick. 

But overall, the week was pretty fun. Spent a lot of it on splits, which was kinda weird but also really fun. My new comp will be the DL too (my first was as well) so we´ll still do a lot of them. I can´t really think of too much else. All the floods and stuff are down in like Bayern and Österreich so pretty far away from me. Still rainy though. Although it kinda has been sunny and hot this week. Summer´s coming slowly but surely. 

Anyways, Hope everyone is doing awesome, I love all of you!! 

Auf Wiedersehen
Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment