Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Hallo!!

Sorry you didn't get an email from me last week.... I just didn't really feel like it. Haha just kidding just kidding, we had a Zone P-Day in Bonn, and we just didn't have any time. It was sweet though. We all ate a pizza place there and then went up to a pretty tight castle and just chilled and took pics there. Something pretty cool, one of my old EFY roommates (elder Hawker) just came in this transfer and he's totally in Ddorf Zone. Pretty tight. It was cool to chill with him at that. But yeah, that's why you had to go two weeks without hearing from me... tut mir leid. 

Everything went fairly well with the transfer. The new comp is super cool. Elder Collins and I get along really well, and we've been working really hard. The gemeinde seems to have kinda reawakened as well so I think the transfer will be rockin. 

Last week had some days that were hottttttt. Hanging out in apartments with no AC makes for a good time. Haha but in no time it was back to normal... raining and cloudy and 60 degrees. I'm sure there are more hot days to come though. 

I was thinking the other day about how it had been a year since I went to BYU... Freaking crazy. That went so fast. It has really been a great year though. Not much that I would change. We just got an email about the leadership thing (we don't watch it until next week) and my ZL just called me and was like "we get to use Facebook" and I was like "I know." Pretty dope. Except I don't really know how that's gonna work. Guess we'll see though. 

The past two weeks have gone well. Thursday to Thursday last week and the week before was kind of a crazy period, and not a whole bunch got done because of transfer stuff. But me and Elder Collins have kinda settled in and we're doing some good stuff. We have started teaching a super cool Brazilian lady and her daughter, and also the friend of one of our JAE´s. All three are really cool and have a ton of potential. We're still working with most of the same people. We've been trying to do a lot of contacting to find some new people and have had a little success, gotta keep trying. We're trying to up the member work in Solingen so we're doing that as well. We've got a really busy week ahead of us so we're excited. 

Anyways, I can't really think of much right now (the past week or so has been kind of a blur) but I think I´ve covered pretty much everything.... We had Zone Conference, so that was sweet. I don't even know haha this past couple weeks has been crazy. It was fun though. I'm having a great time. I'll take some time this week to collect my thoughts and next week’s letter will just be great. 

Love you guys!!! Hope everyone has a great week!

Tscuß!

Elder Brown

The view from a castle near Bonn

With companions at a castle near Bonn

No comments:

Post a Comment