Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Hey everybody!

Crazy that it got so cold there, and that you said it was colder than here at some times. That's pretty cold. But as far as news goes, there was a little surprise this weekend. We had transfer calls... and I'm going right back up where I came from haha. Not exactly Solingen, but pretty close. We'll be opening a new area in Mülheim an der Ruhr. Sounds pretty classy so we'll see. But that was a pretty big surprise. We call it getting "ghosted" when someone is only in an area for 1 transfer, and now I get to join that group haha. But this 6 weeks in Langen was pretty crazy. It was extremely hard, 6 of the hardest weeks of my life... but at the same time I love this place and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to serve here with Elder Squires and to work with this branch. The members here are really awesome and I learned a LOT about myself and who I want to be in the last 6 weeks, regardless of how hard they were. I'm excited for yet another new experience though. So yep, there was a bit of news there.

The meeting with President Osguthorpe and Elder Ridd was really good. President Osguthorpe just talked a lot about teaching and how to make progress with investigators, and Elder Ridd kinda took on the other parts of missionary life, like exercise and study and obedience. He made a couple missionaries come up and do pushups and situps and jumping jacks super fast for a couple minutes, and then was like, if you think you can't do good morgen sport in 30 minutes... you're wrong. It was pretty funny. I've actually done pretty decent on that though so wasn't chastened too much. 

Olivia's "this is incredible" made me laugh. Reminded me of Elf... "that's shocking!" I've found myself quoting that movie a lot in the past couple weeks. Can't believe Christmas time is already almost here. As far as Thanksgiving, I know a couple members who are doing Thanksgiving dinners... but they're American so yeah. But lucky for me I get to take a nice long train ride on Thanksgiving! Wooooo. Haha it'll be fun though. The senior couple in Darmstadt is actually making a Thanksgiving meal for us after District Meeting on Wednesday, so don't worry, I'll still be taking part. 

That's unfortunate about the BYU games. Sounds like the basketball team should be set up pretty well. I met Elder Emery the other day, he's a pretty cool dude. That's sweet that Payton Dastrup switched his commitment though. And thanks for the basketball scores haha, those will come in handy. 

I collected all the packages at the meeting on Tuesday, thanks for everything!! And since I got transferred, along with a lot of the missionaries in the district, we'll be eating the brownies today in Darmstadt. But really, thanks for all the stuff, it was sweet. And be sure to thank the Young Women for me, they sent me a little package with some candy, and some wonderful smelling hand sanitizer.

Anyways, the week was great. Had a great time with Elder Squires, and I'm going to miss him a lot. Like I said, I've learned a ton here in 6 weeks. Excited for the new challenge, but not really looking forward to packing up and shipping out again. I'll get over it though. Thanks for everything you do, and have a great week! Love you all,


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment