Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

Hey everybody!!

I read quite a few emails this morning about March Madness, but alas, I still have time to write you guys. And I thoroughly enjoyed the tourney updates. Looks like the fam's got a good chance of protecting our honor. Hopefully I make a respectable showing. Blackhurst and Rock chickened out, the VMHMBT was too much for them.

And idk, last week when I emailed I started a whole new email instead of just replying... so I had to fill a subject line. And what's the first thing that I think of when I'm thinking of nothing? Newt Gingrich, of course. It's kind of like when Dan Aykroyd thinks of the Stay-Puft marshmallow man in Ghostbusters. Hopefully I never am put in the situation where my thoughts will determine the method of my destruction. No one wants a giant Newt Gingrich tormenting the city. He'd probably be able to call in reinforcements from his moon colony..... dang. 

Well, anyways. What pics of me are up on the missionary board? I better not look like a goof in any of them. And that's cool that Carina sent you a pic. If there's one thing I've learned on my mission, it's that sisters are better at everything. But I sent a ton this morning so hopefully that worked. 

My year-mark was good. We went to a member's house and had a very traditional German meal of Hackbraten, Rotkohl and Knödel  <Google translation: meatloaf, red cabbage and dumpling>, so that was delicious. And then we played some basketball and had a lesson with a recent-ish convert, of a couple years who just got the Melchizedek Priesthood, so that was good. It was a good day. We actually got down to Friedrichsdorf to the temple on Saturday with some members, so that was cool.

I haven't gotten the package yet... but don't stress!!!! I should've just said I got it...

But the running goal... is a work in progress. I've done it a few times.

But the week was good. We had Zone Conference on Tuesday with Elder Dyches ("Wilt Thou be Made Clean?" from last GC) of the Area Presidency, and that was really good. Then we both were pretty sick with some cold stuff for the rest of the week, so we paced off ourselves a little bit. The baptism is still happening on Saturday so that'll be awesome. Looking forward to a good week. 

Love you all!!


Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment