Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Hey everybody!

Crazy that the weather is still like that... it's been pretty nice here the past week. Cloudy most of the time, a good amount of sun though, and the temp hasn't been bad at all. And rain shows up every now and then, but that's just a given here. Nothing too crazy though. So there you go, a weather report for you guys in return. 

That's way cool that Ashley put her mission papers in, it's always cool to hear of new people heading out and where they're going. One of the YSA's from Solingen that I was tight with, just got called to Poland. She's from Australia, and is back there now, so she's excited to head right back over here in June. So I'll be excited to hear where Ashley's heading. 

Soccer was fun last week... A slightly handicapped kid joined us and he was the coolest kid ever. So that was a good time. The Karneval party was way fun, we didn't make tacos though. Just a bunch of egg sandwiches, würst, potato salad, noodle salad, and all your favorite German tasties haha. They've got a unique taste. I like it though. And you'll never guess what I witnessed being done by 40 dressed up Germans... the Cupid Shuffle. It has taken over church dances all over the globe. I laughed so hard when it came on.... good times.

I’m still in the same apartment - I like it a lot... I'll be sad when I have to move out... but I'll just hope that day is coming later rather than sooner.

Nice that you gave the missionaries a ride down to the classic Golden-Trainer meeting... That seems like ages ago when I was posted up in the Frankfurt stake center having my own. That was actually the last time I was there... and at the same time, doesn't seem long ago at all. Crazy.

I can't believe March Madness is upon us again... that's insane. I'll do my best to do the family proud. Upper half in the standings would be good enough for me... I'll keep my expectations high though.

Things are going good here, Elder Rock and I are getting along really well. The member's son’s baptism is going to be on the 29th now, because his little brother, who also takes part in the lessons, will be turning 8 on the 24th, and we're gonna do a service for them together. It'll be sweet. And church was way cool this week. A member brought a friend and we talked to him for a while and traded numbers, and then another guy just showed up and Elder Rock talked to him. He's been reading in the Book of Mormon and stuff and wanted to see how it was. So we gave him a card and stuff and he said he'd call us up... so we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great week!! Tschüß!

Elder Brown

oh yeah cool thing I forgot... last Sunday was Stake Conference, and it was broadcast from Salt Lake with the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, Elder Bednar, and Elder Hales. My friend Elder Barney and I were sitting together, and before Elder Bednar's talk, we were wondering if he'd say anything in German. He then proceeded to give his entire talk in German... it was pretty sweet. <note: Elder Bednar served his mission in Germany> Kinda weird to be watching an Apostle give a talk not in English. But it was way cool. Just thought I'd tell you before I forgot completely. Tschüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment